We’d like to extend a huge thank you to longtime Triad Chill sponsor, DMJPS! Each year, they make an undeniable impact on Special Olympics NC athletes through their efforts. This year was no exception as they raised an incredible $18,600!
Thanks to all who participated in this year’s Triad Chill Polar Plunge! Together, we raised more than $34,000 for Special Olympics athletes across North Carolina.
What is the Triad Chill?
The Triad Chill is a unique fundraising opportunity for individuals, organizations and businesses to support Special Olympics NC by jumping into frigid water at Wet’n Wild Emerald Pointe in the middle of winter.
Whether you’re looking to dip your toes or make a big splash, you’ll be a true hero in the lives of the Special Olympics athletes you’ll be supporting!
Please note: In the event of inclement weather, we may need to cancel this event and unfortunately, we are unable to provide a refund. We appreciate your donation to Special Olympics North Carolina.
Every plunger that fundraises or pays $50 will receive our 2023 Triad Chill T-shirt. Plungers can also qualify for extra fundraising incentives by reaching fundraising marks of $100, $250, $500, $750 or $1,000. All incentives will be mailed in early April.
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that are easy to remove – your fingers will be probably be numb after you exit the water.
- You will be exiting the water quickly, so do not wear anything that will be heavy when wet.
- Bring a robe, blanket, towel or jacket to wear while you are waiting to plunge.
- You must wear shoes – the ground will be freezing.
- Bring extra towels to dry off.
- Bring loose fitting clothes to change into after the plunge.
- Plunge with friends – it is more fun, especially if you create a crazy costume.
- Remember to smile – photographers will be taking your picture.