Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics North Carolina (NC LETR) Resources and Forms
All NC LETR departments receive a NC LETR manual that contains all the forms as well as other important information for those participating in the NC LETR. To see forms and resources, find the section you need and blue bar with the plus sign (+), which will open a section with that section’s respective forms and resources.
Contact the NC LETR for additional forms or with any questions.
Get Involved With NC LETR!
Instructions: Find the section you need and click the blue bar with the plus sign (+), which will open a section with that section’s respective forms and resources.
- New/Updated LETR Contact Form: Are you looking to get your agency involved with the NC LETR? If you are taking over as a coordinator for your agency or you are interested in learning more, fill out this contact form. This allows us to keep you informed on NC LETR events, fundraising and more.
- Participating NC LETR Agencies: Check here to see if your local agency is involved with the NC LETR, as it lists our current local agency contact information! Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if the contact information from your agency needs updating.
- Special Olympics North Carolina Local Program Coordinators: This list can help you with contact information about getting involved with Special Olympics athletes in your community.
- Volunteer Forms: You and your volunteers, including any officers and day-of event volunteers, should complete the forms below to get involved with your events. It is extremely important to have all volunteers at your local events fill out these waivers.
Below you will find forms and resources to complete before hosting NC LETR fundraising events. All Event Notification Forms must be completed 30 days before your event date. We ask you to give us 10 business days for shipping and handling of all material requests. For questions regarding events or materials, contact email@example.com.
If your agency is just getting started, here are a few quick and easy ways to get your community and peers involved:
- Cops on rooftop
- Cover the Cruiser
- No-shave month
- Bowling night
- Community softball game
Once you have your fundraising event idea, be sure to fill out the following forms:
- Event Notification Form: This is our general form to notify us of your event details. Once this form is completed and upon approval, it will be posted on the SONC master calendar for others to view. If your event requires an online fundraising Classy page, the details provided in the form will be reflected on the fundraising page. If your event has marketing materials such as flyers, logos, graphics or photos, please submit using the NC LETR file uploader at the bottom of the Event Information section within the form.
- Fundraising Deposit Form: If your agency is collecting funds on behalf of the NC LETR, please submit this form along with your Wells Fargo deposit slip using the file uploader link provided within the form or here. Please write your agency name on the deposit slip. If you have questions regarding deposits, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Materials Request Form: Please complete this form for any requests for NC LETR materials. We will try to accommodate all requests in a timely manner. There is a limit of one tablecloth and banner per agency.
- Athlete Leader Request Form: Would you like to have a Special Olympics North Carolina athlete at your event? Whether you would like an athlete to volunteer at your event or give a speech to the audience, we would love to share our mission of inclusion with you. Please complete this form to ensure an athlete will be present at your event. If you have questions, please contact Kristine Hughes at email@example.com.
- Polar Plunge Form: Is your agency hosting a Polar Plunge in 2024? Be sure to fill out this form with your event information!
- NC LETR Relay Form: This form is ONLY used for the annual relays across North Carolina each May. Please complete this form on behalf of your participating agency. If you have questions regarding the Torch Run relays, please contact Lt. Bill Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Final Leg: The relays will culminate on Friday, June 2, for the Circle of Honor and lighting of the cauldron at the Special Olympics NC Summer Games Opening Ceremony in Raleigh. For questions regarding the Final Leg, please contact Lt. Ken Klos-Weller.
Here you will find necessary forms for recognizing support in your community.
We would like to extend gratitude to everyone who supports our mission! Please fill out the corresponding forms for a sponsor or officer to recognize their dedication:
- Sponsor Recognition Form: Please submit this form to recognize event sponsors or donors. They will be recognized for items based upon the contribution of money or products donated.
- NC LETR Officer Recognition Form: Use this form to recognize an officer who has shown significant efforts for the agency and NC LETR.
- 2023 NC LETR Certificate of Appreciation
Listed below are marketing resources you can use to promote your NC LETR event. Please submit any preexisting promotional media and materials in any Event Notification Form that you submit. For any NC LETR marketing resource requests or QR codes, please contact email@example.com.
It is important to ensure your marketing materials, including flyers, posters, banners and more have the correct logos and language being used.
- Logos: To download logos, open the link and click the “Download” option to save to your computer hard drive. If a logo is needed in a different format, contact the NC LETR.
- Approved NC LETR logo:
- Approved Special Olympics NC logos:
- Language Guidelines: These language guidelines have been developed for use by anyone writing or speaking about persons with intellectual disabilities to ensure all people are portrayed with individuality and dignity.
We want to make this process for you as easy as possible! You can use the fillable templates below to promote your agency’s NC LETR events.
Want to create your own flyer, presentation or brochure? That is great!
Here is a list of things to keep in mind:
- Please use our correct logo, provided here, and follow the language guidelines here.
- An approved Special Olympics NC logo should be on your marketing materials.
- When using a company or agency logo, try to use a PNG file format with a transparent background.
- Always include a date, time, address, contact information and entry fee, if applicable.
- Once you have created your design, please upload it here for approval. All brand and language guidelines must be met.
Agencies are asked to create their own QR codes for their fundraising events. There are QR code generator sites that will give you free codes, though some do come with scan limits.
We recommend using https://www.qr-code-generator.com to create QR codes as it is very easy to use. They also offer free static codes, which means that these codes cannot be changed once created, that have unlimited scans.