Game On: Learn about the divisioning process that differentiates Special Olympics from other sport organizations.
- SONC Ice Skating Rule Modifications
- SOI Official Sport Rules for Figure Skating
- SOI Official Sport Rules for Short Track Speed Skating
Click here to find your coach certification status.
- Ice Skating Calendar
- Special Olympics Figure Skating Quick Start Guide – printable version
- Special Olympics Figure Skating Quick Start Guide – digital version
- Special Olympics Figure Skating Coaching Guide – printable version
- Special Olympics Figure Skating Coaching Guide – digital version
- Quick Reference Coaching Guide
- Other SOI Coaching Resources
- US Figure Skating Association
Always communicate with your local coordinator if you are interested in submitting registration for an event.
SONC SE Winter Games Figure Skating Registration Forms
Local program coordinators should submit entries along with the remainder of the Southeast Winter Games registration.
- Figure Skating ISC Registration Form
- Figure Skating Registration Form
- Figure Skating Synchronized Team Registration Form
- Figure Skating Non-Athlete Registration Form
- Figure Skating Overall Schedule
- Figure Skating Endorsement Form
- Figure Skating Delegation Information Summary & Payment Form
SOVA Speed Skating Championships Registration Forms
This event is typically held in February of each year and hosted by Special Olympics Virginia. If you are interested in sending athletes from your local program, please email email@example.com.
For coaches’ use only – do NOT submit with event registration.
Special Olympics Southeast Winter Games – Figure Skating
This is an additional competition opportunity for SONC athletes, as well as athletes from surrounding states. This event usually will be hosted by Special Olympics Alabama on February 2 in Huntsville, AL.
SOVA Speed Skating Championships
Special Olympics Virginia hosts this additional competition opportunity for Special Olympics athletes. They will host the 2020 SOVA Speed Skating Championships February 15-16 at Chilled Ponds Ice Arena. More information and registration will be available in November. For questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athletes and partners also have the opportunity and are encouraged to participate in various local invitationals. Check the ice skating sport calendar for upcoming invitationals being hosted by local programs.
Local programs are also encouraged to host and invite neighboring counties to participate in invitationals, scrimmages, or leagues. Click here for some basic steps on how to get started. If you are interested in hosting an invitational you can also contact the sports department at email@example.com.
About Ice (Figure & Speed) Skating:
Differences of Special Olympics North Carolina Ice (Figure & Speed) Skating:
By the Numbers:
Sport Development Teams (SDT) are responsible for assisting with local and state-level programs and competition, educating coaches and officials, and promoting active engagement among athletes throughout the year. Click here for more information.
Tappie Dellinger – SDT Director
Certified Clinicians receive additional training in presentational skills to conduct training schools in their community. In order to become a Certified Clinician one must have a Special Olympics North Carolina level 2 sport certification in this sport.
For more information on becoming an SDT member or a Certified Clinician, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.