The 2023 Polar Plunge season is here!
This winter, support nearly 40,000 Special Olympics North Carolina athletes by taking the Polar Plunge — either in-person or virtually.
Find your freeze with us in 2023!
The more you raise, the more you get!
Every plunger that fundraises or pays $50 by April 1, will receive our 2023 Polar Plunge T-shirt. Plungers can also qualify for extra fundraising incentives by reaching fundraising marks of $100, $250, $500, $750 or $1,000.
If you participated in the Cool Schools Plunge, Triad Chill Plunge or select local program Polar Plunges, you will receive a code to validate your incentives after April 1. All incentives will be mailed in early April.
What is a Polar Plunge?
A Polar Plunge is a unique fundraising opportunity for individuals, organizations and businesses to support Special Olympics NC by jumping or running into a cold body of water in the middle of winter.
Join thousands of people who will make a splash for Special Olympics by participating in our Polar Plunges taking place all over North Carolina.
Information & Resources
Need some fundraising help?
Download tips to help maximize your fundraising efforts.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about Polar Plunges.
Tips to make your plunge more fun:
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that are easy to remove – your fingers will probably be numb after you exit the water.
- You will be exiting the water quickly, so do not wear anything that will be heavy when wet.
- Bring a robe, blanket, towel or jacket to wear while you are waiting to plunge.
- You must wear shoes – the ground will be freezing.
- Bring extra towels to dry off.
- Plunge with friends – it is more fun, especially if you create a crazy costume.
- For safety reasons, never dive into the water.