This year’s Plunge season is going to look a little different
because of the pandemic.
But one thing remains the same: Your support is so important!
Special Olympics NC
Plunge in Place
We’re inviting you to find your freeze and take the Plunge in your own way!
You could plunge into a pool, an ice bath or the ocean, dump a frigid bottle of water over your head, or even run through sprinklers. However you Plunge in Place, you are doing it to help support nearly 40,000 Special Olympics North Carolina athletes.
What is a Polar Plunge?
A Polar Plunge is a unique fundraising opportunity for individuals, organizations and businesses to support Special Olympics NC by jumping or running into a cold body of water in the middle of winter.
Join thousands of people who will make a splash for Special Olympics by participating in our Polar Plunges taking place all over North Carolina.
Go freezin’ for a reason!
Information & Resources
Need some fundraising help?
Tips to make your plunge more fun:
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that are easy to remove – your fingers will probably be numb after you exit the water.
- You will be exiting the water quickly, so do not wear anything that will be heavy when wet.
- Bring a robe, blanket, towel or jacket to wear while you are waiting to plunge.
- You must wear shoes – the ground will be freezing.
- Bring extra towels to dry off.
- Plunge with friends – it is more fun, especially if you create a crazy costume.
- For safety reasons, never dive into the water.