Register for the 2021 Triad Chill for Special Olympics NC!
This year, support Special Olympics North Carolina by signing up for one of the coolest events of 2021. Whether you’re looking to dip your toes or make a big splash, you’ll be a true hero in the lives of the Special Olympics athletes you’ll be supporting!
Join us on May 1 at Wet’n Wild Emerald Pointe in Greensboro.
What is a Polar Plunge?
A Polar Plunge is a unique fundraising opportunity for individuals, organizations and businesses to support Special Olympics NC by jumping or running into a cold body of water in the middle of winter.
Join thousands of people who will make a splash for Special Olympics by participating in our Polar Plunges taking place all over North Carolina.
Go freezin’ for a reason!
Information & Resources
Need some fundraising help?
Tips to make your plunge more fun:
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that are easy to remove – your fingers will probably be numb after you exit the water.
- You will be exiting the water quickly, so do not wear anything that will be heavy when wet.
- Bring a robe, blanket, towel or jacket to wear while you are waiting to plunge.
- You must wear shoes – the ground will be freezing.
- Bring extra towels to dry off.
- Plunge with friends – it is more fun, especially if you create a crazy costume.
- For safety reasons, never dive into the water.