Thanks to all who participated in the 2022 Polar Plunge season!
Whether you went virtual or took the Plunge in person, you helped to support Special Olympics athletes across North Carolina.
What is a Polar Plunge?
A Polar Plunge is a unique fundraising opportunity for individuals, organizations and businesses to support Special Olympics NC by jumping or running into a cold body of water in the middle of winter.
Join thousands of people who will make a splash for Special Olympics by participating in our Polar Plunges taking place all over North Carolina.
Go freezin’ for a reason!
Information & Resources
Need some fundraising help?
Tips to make your plunge more fun:
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that are easy to remove – your fingers will probably be numb after you exit the water.
- You will be exiting the water quickly, so do not wear anything that will be heavy when wet.
- Bring a robe, blanket, towel or jacket to wear while you are waiting to plunge.
- You must wear shoes – the ground will be freezing.
- Bring extra towels to dry off.
- Plunge with friends – it is more fun, especially if you create a crazy costume.
- For safety reasons, never dive into the water.