What is a Polar Plunge?
A Polar Plunge is a unique fundraising opportunity for individuals, organizations and businesses to support Special Olympics NC by jumping or running into a cold body of water in the middle of winter.
Join thousands of people who will make a splash for Special Olympics by participating in our Polar Plunges taking place all over North Carolina.
Thank you to everyone who participated in a Polar Plunge this season!
Go freezin’ for a reason!
Information & Resources
Need some fundraising help?
Tips to make your plunge more fun:
- Wear loose-fitting clothes that are easy to remove – your fingers will probably be numb after you exit the water.
- You will be exiting the water quickly, so do not wear anything that will be heavy when wet.
- Bring a robe, blanket, towel or jacket to wear while you are waiting to plunge.
- You must wear shoes – the ground will be freezing.
- Bring extra towels to dry off.
- Plunge with friends – it is more fun, especially if you create a crazy costume.
- For safety reasons, never dive into the water.