The 2020 Plane Pull presented by Credit Suisse will take place Saturday, October 17, at the UPS Tarmac at RDU International Airport.
What’s a Plane Pull?
The Plane Pull® is a unique team building activity for groups. It requires participants to come together as a team to achieve a very daunting task — pull an airplane 25 feet! Five-person teams will compete to see who can pull a 30,000-pound plane the fastest! Participants must be at least 14 years old to compete. Each five-person team must raise a minimum of $800 total by the event date.
Please note that in the case of event cancellation due to inclement weather or other reasons, no refund will be provided.
Special Olympics North Carolina is continuing with plans to hold the Plane Pull on October 17 at RDU International Airport unless conditions related to COVID-19 prevent the fundraising event from being held. Instructions about how events will be held in terms of people maintaining safe distancing and other safety measures will be released prior to the event. Special Olympics North Carolina will follow State health officials guidance in dealing with COVID-19. State health officials highly encourage everyone to practice social distancing of at least six feet as well as frequent hand washing and to stay at home if they are not feeling well or have symptoms of COVID-19. Under an executive order, cloth face coverings are required for anyone in public when physical distancing of six feet is not possible.
WHAT TO EXPECT
- All COVID-19 state safety guidelines will be in place at every check point of the event.
- Teams will be assigned and scheduled in 30-minute blocks on Saturday, October 17.
- Three teams will be scheduled to pull per 30 minute time block.
- Team Captains are encouraged to contact Aaron George at email@example.com to schedule their time block once their team reaches the $800 fundraising goal
- Each registered team gets two opportunities to pull the plane during their 30-minute time block.
- Only three teams in their scheduled block will be allowed in the gate and on the tarmac at a time.
- Teams will enter gates after prior scheduled teams have completed their plane pulls and all prior pull team members have exited the tarmac.
- Team participants are required to wear masks and bring their own gloves to pull the plane.
- Team times will be posted live on Facebook throughout the day with team division results and the overall champion being announced at the end of day.
- This will NOT be a spectator event this year so only registered team members are permitted at this event.
- A boxed lunch and bottled water will be provided to each registered participant.
- All participants will receive a Plane Pull medal from an athlete and a Choose Strength event t-shirt.