Game On: Learn about the divisioning process that differentiates Special Olympics from other sport organizations.
- SONC Ice Skating Rule Modifications
- SOI Official Sport Rules for Figure Skating
- SOI Official Sport Rules for Short Track Speed Skating – will be linked soon to SOI site
Click here to find your coach certification status.
- Ice Skating Calendar
- Special Olympics Figure Skating Quick Start Guide – printable version
- Special Olympics Figure Skating Quick Start Guide – digital version
- Special Olympics Figure Skating Coaching Guide – printable version
- Special Olympics Figure Skating Coaching Guide – digital version
- Quick Reference Coaching Guide
- Other SOI Coaching Resources
- US Figure Skating Association
Always communicate with your local coordinator if you are interested in submitting registration for an event.
SONC SE Winter Games Figure Skating Registration Forms
Local program coordinators should submit entries along with the remainder of the Southeast Winter Games registration.
- Figure Skating ISC Registration Form
- Figure Skating Registration Form
- Figure Skating Synchronized Team Registration Form
- Figure Skating Non-Athlete Registration Form
- Figure Skating Event Schedule
- Figure Skating Endorsement Form
SOVA Speed Skating Championships Registration Forms
This event is will be held February 16-17, 2019 in Chesapeake, VA. If you are interested in sending athletes from your local program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For coaches’ use only – do NOT submit with event registration.
- Figure Skating ISC Worksheet
Special Olympics Southeast Winter Games – Figure Skating is an additional competition opportunity for SONC athletes, as well as athletes from surrounding states. This event will take place on Sunday, February 10, 2019 at the Extreme Ice Center located at 4705 Indian Trail Fairview Rd, Indian Trail, NC 28079.
Special Olympics Virginia invites Special Olympics athletes from other programs to compete in their Speed Skating Championships. This event is February 16-17, 2019 at Chilled Ponds Ice Arean located at 1416 Stephanie Way, Chesapeake, VA 23320 . If you are interested in taking athletes to this event, please complete this quota request form by Tuesday, December 11, 2018.
Host an Invitational
Local programs are encouraged to invite neighboring counties to participate in invitationals, scrimmages, or leagues. Click here for some basic steps on how to get started.
About Ice (Figure & Speed) Skating:
Differences of Special Olympics North Carolina Ice (Figure & Speed) Skating:
By the Numbers:
Sport Development Teams (SDT) are responsible for assisting with local and state-level programs and competition, educating coaches and officials, and promoting active engagement among athletes throughout the year. Click here for more information.
Tappie Dellinger – SDT Director
Certified Clinicians receive additional training in presentational skills to conduct training schools in their community. In order to become a Certified Clinician one must have a Special Olympics North Carolina level 2 sport certification in this sport.
For more information on becoming an SDT member or a Certified Clinician, contact email@example.com.