February 2-3, 2018 Indian Trail, NC
The 2018 Special Olympics Southeast U.S. Winter Games will feature competition in Figure Skating held at the Extreme Ice Center in Indian Trail, NC on Feb. 2-3, 2018.
- Programs are responsible for securing and payment of housing arrangements
- Comfort Inn Matthews/Charlotte (1718 Windsor Crossing Dr, Matthews, NC 28105)
- Reference Special Olympics Southeast Winter Games for a rate of $79+tax
Delegation check-in will take place at Hemby Bridge Community Center on Friday, February 2, 2018 at 5:30 pm. The process will be as follows:
- Only the Head of Delegation or head coach should come to the check-in area to prevent congestion.
- Confirm possession of all athlete participation forms.
- Record scratches/no-show’s.
- Pick up arrival envelope containing welcome information, bibs for athletes, rental forms, and all credentials for the delegation.
- Confirm that you have all credentials at that time.
- Receive all other competition materials.
Lunch – on your own prior to start of event
Dinner and Dance at Hemby Bridge Community Center
Breakfast – at hotel
Lunch – on your own
Coaches Meetings – Friday, February 2, 2018 – Hemby Bridge Community Center
This meeting will be held at the beginning of the dance. Attendance by all coaches from each program at the coaches’ meeting is mandatory. Valuable information and updates are provided during these meetings. If the coach/representative does not attend, that program is subject to penalty, including loss of the ability to protest. Call Andrea Stamm at 919-818-4520 if someone is unable to attend due to circumstances beyond their control.
Opening Ceremonies and dinner will be held at Hemby Bridge Community Center from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm on Friday, February 2, 2018. The Dance will immediately follow Opening Ceremonies and dinner.
Please make note of these reminders for the Ceremonies:
- In designing uniforms/selecting outerwear, please remember that Special Olympics Inc. has strict guidelines on the use of the Special Olympics logo. If you need a copy of these guidelines or your local program logo, contact your community resource director. As stated in the Special Olympics Inc. policies, no athlete or coach will be allowed to march in the Opening Ceremonies of any official Games if he/she is wearing a uniform bearing a corporate or organizational logo other than Special Olympics. Any person that does not follow this policy will not be permitted to sit with the official delegations.
- Each delegation will be given their delegation sign to hold and will be announced during ceremonies.