Welcome to Special Olympics Catawba County! Special Olympics Catawba County serves nearly 400 children and adults with intellectual disabilities throughout the county. Training and competition programs are offered in eight sports.
Volunteers make Special Olympics programs possible! We need you! Get involved as volunteer, coach or committee member. Join the fun! Special Olympics reveals the champion in us all!
- Facebook-Catawba https://www.facebook.com/specialolympicscatawbacounty/
- Facebook (Spanish)-Catawba https://www.facebook.com/olimpiadasespecialiescatawba/
- Instagram-Catawba https://www.instagram.com/sonccatawba/
- Twitter-Catawba https://twitter.com/CatawSpecOlymp
Tennis (Skills, Individual, and Team):
- Starting Sunday, August 11 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. at Fred T. Foard High School tennis courts (3407 Plateau Rd., Newton, NC 28658)
Basketball (Skills and 5-on-5 Team):
- Starting Saturday, August 17 at 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. at Lyle Creek Elementary School (1845 Edgewater Dr., Conover, NC 28613)
*practices will be held in the basketball gym located at the back of the school where the buses park
Soccer (Skills and Team)
- Starting Friday, August 23 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. at Fred T. Foard High School soccer field (3407 Plateau Rd., Newton, NC 28658)
*Golf and Flag Football practices will be announced soon. Details are in process of completion.
Looking forward to a fabulous 2019 Fall Season,
Special Olympics Catawba County Committee
828-308-5847 (for questions by text)