Welcome to Special Olympics Caldwell County! Special Olympics Caldwell County serves 400+ children and adults with intellectual disabilities in our county. Training and competition is offered in 8 sports, and we hope to add more soon. Volunteers are always welcome to join us, you can help by coaching, working at an event, or many other opportunities! Business sponsors are always needed as well.
Special Olympics Caldwell County invite you to be part of bringing smiles, joy and growth to the special individuals who participate in the sports and programs offered in Caldwell County. We need your time, talents and resources to keep our program operating and growing.
Special Olympics Caldwell County (SOCC) Information
- Fall Sports: Soccer and 3-on-3 basketball teams are preparing for the SONC Fall Tournament in November.
- October 8th: Special Olympics Caldwell County Soccer Invitational
- Welcome to the new members of our local committee!
- Marie Huffman: “Schools Games Director” (Winter & Spring)
- Kim Story: “Unified Champion Schools Director”
- Libby Brown: “Public Awareness & Media Director”
- October will be “Sponsor an Athlete or Team” month for the 2016 SONC Fall Tournament: we need to raise $4,000. Please send your gift to SOCC-Special Olympics Caldwell County, 3743 Williams Place- Granite Falls, NC-28630. Please include the athlete’s name or team you are supporting, with a return address. Gifts are 100% tax deductible. Tax ID Number is available.