The 2018 Plane Pull presented by Credit Suisse will take place on April 28 at the UPS Tarmac at RDU International Airport.
What’s a Plane Pull?
The Plane Pull® is also a unique team building activity for groups. It requires participants to come together as a team to achieve a very daunting task — pull an airplane 25 feet! Five-person teams will compete to see who can pull a 30,000-pound plane the fastest! Participants must be at least 14 years old to compete. Each five-person team must raise a minimum of $800 total by April 28th.
To schedule your team’s plane pulling time or any further questions, call (919) 741-3617 or email Ruth Lee .
Teams who would like their Plane Pull team name printed on this years event t-shirt please email firstname.lastname@example.org by April 16, 2018!
Plane Pull Schedule
8am: Day of Registration
9am: Plane Pull begins!
1pm – 2pm: Top Teams Pull for Champions Belt
Fun for the whole family!
The 2018 Plane Pull is a day packed with family fun and a little something for everyone. The event features team prizes, music, food trucks, kids activities and games, a T-shirt design contest, raffles and much more.
Inclement Weather Policy
*Please note that in the case of event cancellation due to inclement weather, no refund on fundraising will be provided.
*No pets allowed at the event.
Congratulations to the Bertie Enforcers for being named the 2017 Plane Pull Champions! Photos are now available.
- The Heavy Weights – 8.26 seconds
- Team Swoll – 8.74 seconds
- RDU Mighty Maintenance – 9.04 seconds
Law Enforcement Division
- Bertie Enforcers (Overall Champs) – 8.20 seconds
- Fayetteville Police Department Steeres Nutrition Red – 8.58 seconds
- Size Does Matter (Gaston County Sheriff’s Office) – 8.70 seconds
- Resting Pig Face – Fayetteville Police Department – 11.83 seconds
- Code 1 – Bertie Correctional Institution – 12.03 seconds
- Vitality Vixens – Fayetteville Police Department – 12.66 seconds
Top fundraising individual: Jim Farrell (Credit Suisse Helvetians)
Top Special Olympics NC Athlete fundraiser: Kristine Hughes
Top fundraising team: Fayetteville Police Department Steeres Nutrition Blue
Top Event Themed T-shirt Design: Fayetteville Police Department Vitality Vixens
Top Team Spirit T-shirt: Bertie Correctional Institution Code 1