Special Olympics North Carolina will host Over the Edge in Raleigh Sept. 30 (Media/VIP) & Oct. 1 in 2016. Participants will rappel 30 stories down the Wells Fargo Capitol Center.
In order to participate you must raise at least $1,000 by the event date. We help make that easy and fun by providing you with a personal online fundraising webpage to collect donations from family and friends for the event! As you register you also create your personal online fundraising webpage to meet the $1,000 fundraising minimum! For interested participants who would rather pay in full for their opportunity to rappel, return the credit card guarantee form to Leslie Moyar.
In order to go Over the Edge, you must be at least 14 years old and weigh between 110 and 300 lbs. If you do not meet these requirements and want to participate, contact Leslie Moyar.
Once you have met your fundraising goal, call Leslie Moyar at 919-719-7662, ext. 123 to schedule your rappel time for Saturday, October 1.
2016 Top Fundraiser to Earn Prize Package
The top individual fundraiser for the 2016 Over the Edge event will win a Get-a-way Package for Two to the Blockade Runner Beach Resort in Wrightsville Beach! The package (approx. $1200 value) includes:
• Three nights at Blockade Runner Beach Resort in Wrightsville Beach
• A breakfast buffet will be included each day (except during a brief period of restaurant closure around the winter holidays)
• One dinner for two in East Oceanfront Dining (note: alcohol is excluded)
• Sunset nature cruise for two with Wrightsville Beach Scenic Tours (1.5 hr narrated tour)
• This package is valid during the best times of the year to visit Wrightsville Beach: fall, winter, and spring
• The ocean is in front of the hotel, no charge; The sound is behind the hotel, again no charge
• Fish, standup paddleboard, swim, surf, walk the beach, look for sea glass, shop, read, isolate, romance, take a friend, see the holiday lights of Enchanted Airlie in December there is always lots to do in Wilmington!
Inclement Weather Policy
Please note that in the case of event cancellation due to inclement weather, no refund will be provided.
If the $1,000 entry fee is not met, the funds are considered a direct donation to Special Olympics with no refunds being provided.
Wells Fargo Capitol Center
150 Fayetteville Street
WRAL/FOX50 News Anchor Lynda Loveland is going Over in 2016! Watch her rappel live on WRAL Noon show on Friday, Sept. 30th.