Volunteer in North Carolina
Special Olympics North Carolina has training and events throughout the state year round. Volunteers are the heartbeat of our organization and help make Special Olympics possible. There is always something to do. Check out these volunteer opportunities.
- Volunteer with your local Special Olympics program
- Take a Leadership Role as a Sport Development Team member
- Serve as a coach
- Participate in a fundraiser
- Donate your time as a sports official by contacting Andrea Stamm
- Volunteer in the SONC Morrisville Office by signing up for a shift online or contacting email@example.com
- Compete alongside a Special Olympics athlete through Unified Sports
- If you work with law enforcement, join in our Torch Run efforts
- Get involved in youth leadership in the Special Olympics movement through Unified Champion Schools
- Offer your services as a medical professional at our free health screenings through the Healthy Athletes program.
- Not sure how to get involved? Complete this form with your interests and we will contact you!
“It is in giving oneself that one receives.”– Francis of Assisi
Class A Volunteers
We care about your privacy! Please read the SONC Volunteer Privacy Statement to see what we are doing to protect your vital information.
Have you signed up to volunteer at one of our events? If you signed up online look in your inbox for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org or VolunteerLocal. If you need to cancel please cancel your shift within the VolunteerLocal via the email address that you used to signup.
For in-house volunteers please track your time and project here.
Being familiar with your job as a volunteer will make you more effective, ensure a quality event for the athletes and make your experience more enjoyable and rewarding. We appreciate your taking the time to review the provided materials.
Watch the athletes tell you how to best work with them!
Volunteer Job Descriptions
Fall Tournament (Basketball, Bocce, Golf, Roller Skating, Soccer Skills, Soccer Team, Tennis)
Summer Games (Athletics, Bowling, Cheerleading, Cycling, Gymnastics, Powerlifting, Softball Skills, Softball Team, Swimming, Volleyball)