Join us in spreading unstoppable joy with Finish Line this holiday season
For the sixth year in a row, Finish Line will be holding its annual holiday fundraising campaign benefitting Special Olympics from November 15 – December 31, 2017 at over 560 Finish Line stores across the United States. Find a participating store near you!
MedFest provides hundreds of free physical exams for athletes every year
This past year, Special Olympics NC has held three MedFest events across the state: the Cape Fear Regional MedFest, the Charlotte MedFest and the Vance-Granville MedFest. In total, 229 new and returning athletes received free physical exams and 123 received free dental screenings through the Healthy Athletes Special Smiles discipline! Learn more about MedFest.
Raleigh Police Blueliners took on Carolina Hurricanes Alumni in charity hockey game
Thanks to Raleigh Police Department, the Carolina Hurricanes Alumni, PNC Arena and over 600 fans for coming together for the first RPD vs. Hurricanes Alumni hockey game benefitting Special Olympics NC on November 18. The event raised more than $6,000 for the North Carolina Law Enforcement Torch Run, which is the largest grassroots fundraising effort for Special Olympics.
NC State named champions at the Annual Unified Rivalry Flag Football Game
NC State University and UNC-Chapel Hill faced off on Sunday, November 19 in Raleigh at the annual Rivalry Series Flag Football game. For the second year, NC State University’s Unified team took home the traveling trophy. Thanks to both teams for their dedication to inclusion and playing Unified!
Lasting memories created at the 2017 SONC Fall Tournament in Charlotte
Nearly 1,200 Special Olympics athletes and Unified Partners from across the state had their chance to shine at the 2017 SONC Fall Tournament in Charlotte. Competition took place in six sports November 3-5. Photos are being posted throughout the week and results are now available. To see highlights from the weekend, watch our wrap-up video!
Lincoln County athlete Damian Roberts highlighted by WBTV
Congratulations to Damian Roberts of Lincoln County for being selected as WBTV’s November Special Olympics spotlight! The monthly feature shares the story of a local Special Olympics athlete who is currently training and competing. View Damian’s spotlight.
Cumberland County athlete creates lasting impact on his community
From rappelling down a building to leading a motorcycle charity ride, Steven Prescott lives life on the edge in order help his community and the causes that mean the most to him. Read more…
- View photos from the 2017 Truck Convoy for Special Olympics
- North Carolina Torch Run honored with Diamond Award at international conference
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver honored posthumously with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the 2017 ESPYS
- SONC honors WRAL-TV’s Ken Smith for dedication
- Lisa Carroll of Catawba County named 2017 SONC Coordinator of the Year
- Carolinas HealthCare System helps new athletes join the Special Olympics movement
- Dani Kinert teaches all to “Live Fearless” in Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC PSA
- Harris Poll names Special Olympics Top Disability Organization
- Fayetteville Police Capt. Spatorico is passionate about Special Olympics
- Changing the World Through Sports PSA