Watch Raleigh Police Blueliners take on Carolina Hurricanes Alumni in an epic battle
Join us on November 18 at 1:00 p.m. at PNC Arena for a fundraiser hockey game. Canes’ player will sign their jerseys to be auctioned off at the end of the game. The event is FREE and open to the public! Donations to Special Olympics North Carolina will be collected at the door. See more.
Annual Unified Rivalry Flag Football Game to be hosted by N.C. State University
Join us Sunday, November 19 in Raleigh to watch the UNC- Chapel Hill Tar Heels take on the NC State University Wolfpack in their annual Rivalry Series Flag Football game! Opening Ceremonies will begin at 10:00 a.m. and kickoff will follow. This event is free and open to the public. Find out more!
2017 SONC Fall Tournament wraps up in Charlotte
Nearly 1,200 Special Olympics athletes and Unified Partners from across the state had their chance to shine at the 2017 SONC Fall Tournament in Charlotte. Competition took place in six sports November 3-5. Photos are being posted throughout the week and results are now available.
MedFest events provided nearly 230 free health exams
This past year, Special Olympics NC has held three MedFest events across the state: the Cape Fear Regional MedFest, the Charlotte MedFest and the Vance-Granville MedFest. In total, 229 new and returning athletes received free physical exams and 123 received free dental screenings through the Healthy Athletes Special Smiles discipline! Learn more about MedFest.
Lincoln County athlete Damian Roberts highlighted by WBTV
Congratulations to Damian Roberts of Lincoln County for being selected as WBTV’s November Special Olympics spotlight! The monthly feature shares the story of a local Special Olympics athlete who is currently training and competing. View Damian’s spotlight.
Cumberland County athlete creates lasting impact on his community
From rappelling down a building to leading a motorcycle charity ride, Steven Prescott lives life on the edge in order help his community and the causes that mean the most to him. Read more…
- Raleigh Police Department and Carolina Hurricanes alumni hockey game to benefit Special Olympics NC
- View photos from the 2017 Truck Convoy for Special Olympics
- North Carolina Torch Run honored with Diamond Award at international conference
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver honored posthumously with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the 2017 ESPYS
- SONC honors WRAL-TV’s Ken Smith for dedication
- Special Olympics seeks papal support to build inclusive world
- Lisa Carroll of Catawba County named 2017 SONC Coordinator of the Year
- Carolinas HealthCare System helps new athletes join the Special Olympics movement
- Dani Kinert teaches all to “Live Fearless” in Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC PSA
- Harris Poll names Special Olympics Top Disability Organization
- Fayetteville Police Capt. Spatorico is passionate about Special Olympics
- Changing the World Through Sports PSA