Volunteers Needed for the 2017 SONC Fall Tournament – in Charlotte
Sign up today! We are excited to bring the 2017 Special Olympics NC Fall Tournament to Charlotte Nov. 3 – 5 and we need your help. More than 1,000 athletes will compete in basketball, bocce, golf, roller skating, soccer and tennis. Volunteer slots are still open with the greatest needs being qualified medical volunteers throughout the weekend and general volunteers on Sunday.
Dine out at Red Robin to support Special Olympics
Law enforcement officers are trading their badges for aprons during the 12th annual Red Robin Tip-A-Cop on Saturday, October 21. Officers will wait tables for lunch and dinner, donating tips they receive from customers to Special Olympics. Find a Red Robin location near you and dine with us!
Over the Edge raises valuable funds for Special Olympics NC
Thank you to the more than 110 daredevils who went Over the Edge for Special Olympics North Carolina in 2017! Many thanks to the event sponsors including The Spectrum Companies and Cafe Carolina and Bakery. Photos are now available. If you missed out on Over the Edge this year, mark your calendar for our 2018 date: September 29.
2016-17 SONC Health Report now available
The 2016-17 SONC Health Report shares the results of work in the area of health and wellness over the past year. Several local program initiatives are highlighted, including Cabarrus County’s Wellness Program. View the health report.
Mecklenburg County athlete Amber Nee highlighted by WBTV
Congratulations to Amber Nee of Mecklenburg County for being selected as WBTV’s October Special Olympics spotlight! The monthly feature shares the story of a local Special Olympics athlete who is currently training and competing. View Amber’s spotlight.
Steven Pait rappels 30 stories in honor of his daughter, Emma
For the second year, Steven Pait made the daring decision to go Over the Edge for Special Olympics NC, all because of his favorite Special Olympics athlete, Emma. Read more…
- North Carolina Torch Run honored with Diamond Award at international conference
- Lisa Carroll of Catawba County named 2017 SONC Coordinator of the Year
- Eunice Kennedy Shriver honored posthumously with the Arthur Ashe Courage Award at the 2017 ESPYS
- SONC honors WRAL-TV’s Ken Smith for dedication
- Special Olympics seeks papal support to build inclusive world
- Carolinas HealthCare System helps new athletes join the Special Olympics movement
- Dani Kinert teaches all to “Live Fearless” in Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC PSA
- Harris Poll names Special Olympics Top Disability Organization
- Fayetteville Police Capt. Spatorico is passionate about Special Olympics
- Changing the World Through Sports PSA